Seguidores

segunda-feira, 21 de maio de 2012

A frog and his Banjo

Kermit the Frog is incredibly difficult to draw. At least for me, that is. Like most of the Muppets, most of their emotion comes from the performance of the puppeteers. When drawing a still form of the characters, I find you have to figure out what features of theirs you can change and exaggerate without taking away what makes them... THEM. I guess the same goes for drawing caricatures of real people as well.

With Kermit, it's his eyes. They give me the hardest time. You can't really change them in any way, or he ceases to look like Kermit. But when I draw them, he always comes across so stiff and lifeless. So I try to exaggerate the rest of him as much as I can.

I scribbled through several attempts until I made this one. It's not perfect, but I'm pretty pleased with it overall. And after the frustration of drawing him, it was a lot of fun to color.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário